top of page

Open Discussion

Public·17 members
Henry Thomas
Henry Thomas

Bitdefender Edition Exceptions !NEW!

Method: Hit Protection, Antivirus open, Settings, Manage Exceptions, + Add an Exception, click and browse to the folder or exe, hit OK, see the path, Antivirus turned on, and enable On-access scan (and the other two), hit Save. At this point I would expect to see my exception in the list, but the list is empty, it says that I have not set up any antivirus exceptions.

Bitdefender Edition Exceptions

How do I completely prevent Advanced Threat Defense (and Antivirus etc.) from moving into quarantine the files already added into exceptions? It keeps moving, has happened several times. Always I go to Manage Exceptions and see that already "Advanced Threat Defense" tab clearly has my files there, all toggles enabled. But they are still moved into quarantine. What is this and how to fix this? (Using Bitdefender Total Security 2020, updated to newest.)

had a same issue.. Open Bitdefender go to Protection tab. First do exceptions in Antivirus tab and than in ADVANCED THREAT DEFENSE tab - Add applications to exceptions - and select all exe files in Teamviewer folder - worked for me

You can read more about this on Bitdefender's support page; it also has some incredibly useful screenshots that might be of further assistance: Bitdefender Support - How to add Advanced Threat Defense exceptions.

Actually free version of bitdefender endet.BD will work until middle of the year.Remotedesktop in windows did not work correctly.now complete folder windows\system32\ must be excluded

I noticed this too. Thing is I got a new laptop and decided to use an other antivirus too. So 2 changes at once so it took me a while to figureout it was bit defender. I noticed because my rdp server suddenly had a bitdefender certificate which is of course impossible.I will try the exclude option. I have disbaled but defender for now and the cool part is that windows defender does not seem to take over like it did when I disabled panda.But i have one more issie. I can also no longer access my old self signed websites/control panels (yes they are perfectly safe behind a firewall). They also now show a bit defender certificate but after accepting the webserver no longer seee the original hostname and shows the wrong site.Really bad behaviour. Back to panda again I guess and live with the popup's

I finally narrowed it down to BitDefender Free update that just came out. I could get the sites to work if I added them to exceptions in BitDefender. I finally just turned off BitDefender and turned on Windows Defender with the latest updates until BitDefender figures it out.

This just happened to me right after bitdefender update on June 2. Many websites report insecure connection using firefox, when using bitdefender free (as I have been for a while). When I turn protection -> protection shield off, all of the websites work....

This issue of https sites being blocked by BitDefender Free Edition is still happening. I manage hundreds of machine across the US, and nearly all of them use this A/V. This issue has not presented itself on all machines however, making it unclear as to what is going on. My experience is the same as other users in this thread - turn off BitDefender, and https sites load just fine. Enabling it again consistently produces the same outcome - blocking https. I did run into one site that actually did have an expired certificate, but the others, such as Google have no such issues. To be clear, this is happening with BitDefender FREE edition, not a paid version or any other brand of A/V paid or not.

Yea, unfortunately, for now, you'll have to put exceptions and wait for BitDefender to fix this on their side. There's nothing we can do here except to report false positives and wait for updates on their side.

Even with a free version of Bitdefender, you might be able to find help on turning off individual features to test whether those are causing the problem, or make exceptions for certain programs/folder. You also could check their forums to see whether others are mentioning new issues with Firefox.

Sometimes you just know you need to bypass BitDefender's firewall and let someone log onto their account. Maybe it's a family member or friend that needs a quick way to download movies or music. Or perhaps you just forgot to turn off the VPN service before leaving work. Whatever the reason, adding exceptions to an existing rule is easy enough. Simply follow the steps below:

The main way Bitdefender detects threats is via its built-in antivirus engine. However, there are times when an exception needs to be created. For example, you may want to allow a specific app (like Skype) to run but not all apps. Or maybe you don't want Bitdefender to scan certain types of files like images or videos. This article explains how to create these kinds of exceptions as well as other ways to manage Bitdefender's behavior.

When using Bitdefender GravityZone, you can set up "exceptions" for various programs and websites. So, let's say that you have a lot of music streaming services on your device. You could add Spotify, Pandora, YouTube Music, Apple Music, Google Play Music, Tidal, Deezer, SoundCloud, Mixcloud, Vimeo, Twitch, and others to your list of allowed sites. The same goes with individual apps: You could whitelist Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Telegram, TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat, Discord, Twitter, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, Hulu, CBS All Access, Disney Plus, and more.

You can also enable exceptions directly from the desktop version of Bitdefender. To do this, go to Security & privacy " Web browser " Manage exceptions. Make sure you check Block known malicious downloads before downloading anything else. Also make sure that No automatic updates is selected. Finally, uncheck any boxes under Blocked content that you think shouldn't be blocked. When finished, click OK. From now on, whenever you visit those websites, Bitdefender won't automatically download them. Instead, they'll appear in the exception bar above the address bar.

In addition to allowing sites and apps, you can also add exceptions based on file type. In Bitdefender GravityZone, click File Types under Protections " Scanning. Simply scroll down until you see what you need and click the plus button (+). Select Files containing media formats from this section. Next, you'll need to specify which file extensions you wish to include. Drag and drop the extension(s) onto the list. Once done, click Filter. Now, only files with that extension will show up in the menu. Repeat this process for any other extensions you want to include/exclude.

So, this is how you can add exceptions in the Bitdefender 2016 Antivirus program. The exceptions are crucial to add when you know some files and folder are safe for work, but the Antivirus programs may remove them considering the threat. This will save your time for recovering those deleted files by antivirus programs. But, make sure that the excepted files are not infected by the virus. Otherwise, the Bitdefender will not scan excluded files, and then your system may get infected. Have any questions? Feel free to comment below. ?

Antivirus protection software may sometimes interfere with the processes our VPN application requires to run correctly. To resolve this, please add the following exceptions below to your antivirus program:

The Bitdefender engine edition of CART utilizes OPSWAT's AppRemover to detect any currently installed AntiVirus or AntiSpyware products on the device. Depending on the discovered solution CART can either uninstall the product (where it is marked as Yes for ARSupported) or simply report the product as detected (No for ARSupported).

I have installed Bitdefender and Malwarebytes running together on 4 computers and only had a problem on one which was old, very slow starting, and used old 5400 RPM spinner HDD. The four PCs have only been running both programs together about two weeks (changing over a bunch of PCs from Kaspersky to Bitdefender recently), but I am very happy so far. After installing a SATA SSD drive on the one problem PC, it worked well also. I put together a Word document of my procedure and exceptions/exclusions and will attach it here. It is two pages long, so probably too long to post directly. Hope I didn't leave anything out. Good Luck.

I then Quit Malwarebytes (turned off at Taskbar Icon), and proceeded to add the Malwarebytes exceptions into Bitdefender (see note below about 3 missing exceptions). Malwarebytes recommendations are as follows:

Add the folder paths listed in this section to the other antivirus software as exclusions. The other antivirus software may refer to exclusions as exceptions or ignore list entries. For instructions on adding exclusions to another antivirus, contact the antivirus vendor.

At this point, I've described the entirety of what Bitdefender Free does. The feature list of the full, premium Bitdefender Antivirus goes way beyond this. Please read my review for full details on what you get by paying for the full edition. I'll summarize those bonus features here.

Using the File Shredder you can delete sensitive files permanently, beyond the possibility of forensic recovery. A Search Advisor add-in marks up dangerous websites in search results. And the Vulnerability Scan checks for missing security updates and for weak Windows passwords. The enhanced ransomware protection layer watches for behaviors that suggest ransomware, to protect your important documents. And none of these bonus features are present in the free edition.

The Anti-tracker browser extension aims to keep advertisers, analytics, and all other trackers from snooping on your browsing activity. When you visit a page, its toolbar icon displays the number of trackers blocked. You can click for details, including an estimate of how much blocking the trackers sped up page load time. This, too, isn't in the free edition. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page